- Did you know? … You say, ‘I have swum’ rather than ‘I have swam’? It is highly likely you’ll say yes… but when have anyone ever heard someone say ‘swum’?! Or – did you know that you say DELicacy rather than deLIcacy? I think I’ve been caught out!
- Sunny Bali or Rainy Bali? Long gone are my Gili-Gili-Gala-Gilia Air days! It’s monsoon season… by ‘monsoon season’, I wonder whether everyday will be as this evening was… it was pissing it down! I wore flip flops to school, left at 8pm with 3 others without an umbrella… or a poncho… or any of those things that I so carefully packed in my luggage! I resigned to my walk home being ‘an adventure’. I probably brought all of Bali’s disease into my room by the amount of puddle and mud that covered me… I don’t even want to try and think about the icky follicles between my toes…
- Grammar? This week they introduced grammar lessons… I hadn’t had any real grammar per se in Week 1… hmmm… past perfect, 1st – 3rd conditionals… I understood all this before I started… but now I’m confused. Meaning vs. form – form vs. meaning. At this moment, I don’t care about the meaning of grammar – as I won’t understand anyway…just give me the form and I can apply it….Apparently, that’s not the ‘Trinity’ way… 80% of a lesson should be about teaching the meaning behind a rule, and 20% the form, pronunciation and practice of it. What do you think?
- Bugs? As it’s getting wetter, I’m starting to find more and more bugs. My room’s wonderful generally… today’s the first real day of bugs that I’ve had. I feel a bit horrible…being in Bali and killing bugs… but my geographic displacement won’t …can’t stop me from doing it… the problem is… I’m not even entirely sure of what I killed… or rather, I killed one thing… and then knocked on my wall for Travis to kill another… I worry I may have killed crickets! :S (but they looked like cockroaches… but then, not really either)
- Teaching? Tomorrow, in case you were wondering. Double the time. Just finished my lesson plan, and I was strict with myself. ‘Strict’. I forced myself to be concise. ‘Concise’. :S
- Hero? I may have saved Travis’s life you know today – he would’ve been hit by a motorcycle had I not abruptly grabbed him back onto the pavement.
I’m getting delirious again… and I’m writing malakies. Bon nuit… another 530am start!